Friday, December 9, 2011

How to cook King Crab?

I'd like to know what I'm doing wrong when I cook King Crab legs. The meat always seems to stick to the shells, making it extremely difficult to get it out. When I go to a restaurant %26amp; order crab legs, all I have to do is break the leg in half %26amp; the meat always comes out cleanly in one piece. What's the trick?|||You have to steam them. My wife tells me that the problem you're having usually stems from being frozen for too long. Don't buy the cheap ones.|||You need to steam or boil it. I live in Alaska and we get crab from a fisherman who goes to my church, and my mom usually boils it, although most people say to steam it. I found a good link for cooking King Crab.|||Pour Vinegar into the pot of wanter and let boil then drop crap legs. then it wont stick.|||King Crab is a precooked product. Wrap the frozen legs tightly in plastic wrap and place in the microwave for 3 to 5 minutes. Perfect every time.





Interesting fact: These are the only crab that is closely related to spiders....Mmm spider of the sea!|||99% of the time they are already cooked so they just need to be heated.





I think you are over-cooking them.|||You steam king crab.

No comments:

Post a Comment