Saturday, November 19, 2011

How do you prepare king crab legs?

I'm planning to make filet mignon and crab legs for my boyfriend on Valentine's day and have never attempted crab before. I just bought 3 pre-cooked jumbo king crab legs that are about 17" long each. The butcher's preferred method was steaming them, but they are so long I don't know how I would do that. Is it ok to cut them into shorter pieces? Also, any suggestions on how to serve them?|||Steaming them is a possiblilty, the thing i don't like about steaming them is that they seem watery and not as firm. My favorite way is to heat your oven to 375, cut the shell of the legs, use cooking scissors, all the way down the middle (length wise) (it's ok if you penetrate the meat a little) wrap both ends of the legs with tin foil (so the end meat doesn't dry out) and bake for 10-12 minutes. I think this makes the meat more firm and thus have a better texture to it. Remember they are already cooked so all you are trying to accomplish is heating them up. ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment