Saturday, November 19, 2011

How long does king crab stay good for in the refrigerator?

i bought a king crab and it has been sitting in the refrigerator for about 10 days. is it okay still or should it be thrown? how can you tell if it is no good? there is no funny smell or color to the meat.|||My ex was a commercial fisherman in Alaska.





Unless frozen or vacuum packed 72 hours is about all it can take and keep the great fresh flavor.|||I am a former chef and as it is cooked I would not keep it more than 7 days, but that depends on how it is packaged, vacuum packed is a different story, I am not sure so I do not recommend eating it there is no chance of food poisoning but it might not taste very good.|||I'd toss it. I only keep it for 2 days. Anything longer is not good.

No comments:

Post a Comment