Saturday, November 19, 2011

How LONG and how do I steam king crab legs?

I just bought 3.44 lbs king crab legs. I have never cooked crab legs before and looking for advice. After some information I have read it looks like steaming them is the best way. I just want to do it perfect because I spent alot of money and don't want to ruin my romantic V-day dinner :)|||It really depends on the thickness of the crab legs themselves, but for a sure thing, as soon as they turn red on the top (front of the leg) they are done. Take them out right away. Check them after 8 minutes.|||50000000000 hours.|||it depends but try steaming for about 15-30-minutes. but before, put water in a pan and boil it and then put another pan on top of that and put the crab in it|||My mom takes the legs and lays them in a 9x13 glass plate. Then adds about 1/4 cup water. Cover with plastic wrap. Microwave about 5 minutes for 2 lg legs (yes that's it -- Crab cooks fast). She swears by this and has done it for years!!! Let sit for a couple of minutes while you are melting the butter and lemon.|||IF they are thawed, it should only take about 7-10 minutes, if frozen it should take 20-25 minutes|||We steam ours between 10-15 minutes if they came precooked and frozen. 20 minutes for raw ones. So good. Enjoy them!





(And save the shells and make crab stock with it, you can make an excellent seafood bisque. Can't let it go to waste!)

No comments:

Post a Comment