Saturday, November 19, 2011

How to steam King Crab Legs?

I went to Ralph's yesterday and grabbed King Crab Legs from the frozen aisle. I put them in the freezer last night took them out this morning and placed it in the refrigerator to defrost. I'm planning on cooking it tonight for my boyfriend.





I need to know, how would I cook/steam them. How long and how to add taste? Do I first dip them in butter and then steam them so the butter can melt into the meat? And can I had black pepper or something?





Help soon. Please and Thank You.|||Easy, Easy!





Bring at stock pot of water to a rolling boil...drop in legs (note thawed or frozen works) for no more than 5 minutes. No longer!





While this is happening half a stick of butter one for you and one for him in separate dishes and add 1/2 to 1 tsp. of minced garlic and a good squeeze of lemon


.


Place in microwave for a minute or so till the butter is melted





After the 5 mins. of boiling drain crab and serve with hot butter!!!! OMG yum. I promise it is that easy I do it all the time!





I say serve with a Caesar salad (you can buy the kits) and maybe some simple linguinei pasta with alfredo (in the jar) sauce sprinkled with chopped parsley (you can find it in the produce section fresh). It looks pretty, it's easy to make and tastes like heaven good luck on your date!!!!!|||If they're already cooked and frozen (they would be pink if already cooked) then you really just have to warm them up. I would boil a pot of water and put a strainer on top of the pot. Put the crab in the strainer and let them steam for 5-6 minutes - until warm.





Remove from heat, crack them open at the table and dip the meat in the melted butter.|||http://whatscookingamerica.net/Q-A/KingC鈥?/a>





http://www.expertvillage.com/video/63581鈥?/a>





http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Steam_king_cra鈥?/a>





http://www.ehow.com/video_2336012_steam-鈥?/a>





You can add butter if you want but it won't help the taste.. that's for after eating them





HOPE THIS HELPS YOU OUT :)|||I steam them from frozen for 12 minutes. So if they're thawing, it might take a few minutes less. I usually make a lemon garlic butter for dipping. It's just a stick of butter, a couple spoonfuls of minced garlic and the juice of a lemon or two.|||Nope don't need to do anything. Let the crab do it's thaang. Lol.





Just steam it.





Well eat it with some butter or spicy sauce.|||just steam it have butter on the side

No comments:

Post a Comment