Saturday, November 19, 2011

How much King Crab should I get?

I want to have King Crab for Christmas dinner this year..It'll be the first year, we try something other than turkey or ham. It's just my husband and I. I'm also going to have some shrimp and scallops. But King Crab is going to be the main dish. How many pounds should I get for the two of us, to be filled?|||if it was for me, i'd say "lots!" cause i love alaskan king crab. but the seafood guy sounds like he knows what he's talking about. just be sure to get it as fresh as you can and remember it doesn't reheat very well. it loses a lot of the sweetness. so if you end up with too much, just keep eating anyway!|||When you order this just ask how much you need per serving and they will be able to tell you. That is what they do....they are there to help you and to sell more foods. You may also look at how to cook it and check a recipe and see how much is being served to figure how much you need.|||I was in the meat/seafood business for 15 years and the way they usually figure that is 1/2 lb of meat per person. You have to account for the shell which is almost half of the weight, so I would say around 2 lbs total for 2 people.

No comments:

Post a Comment