Tuesday, December 6, 2011

How do I cook King Crab Legs?

just bought them, frozen at the store wondering how long to boil/steam|||Steamed for 15-20 minutes and served with drawn butter is always a winner. Serve them with warm crusty bread. I'll be over for dinner.|||First, let them defrost in the refrigerator............King Crab Legs are already cooked, so all you have to really do is heat them up and the best method is to steam them..........serve a couple wedges of fresh lemon and plenty of melted garlic butter with them.......In a large pot, place a vegetable steamer basket in the bottom of the pot and add about 2 inches of water and cover and bring to a boil, when the water comes to a boil, CAREFULLY add the crab legs and steam NO LONGER THAN 12 MINUTES, OR THE CRAB WILL BE TOUGH.......What time is dinner??? :)








Christopher|||I eat these all the time!





I cut them up so that they just barely fit in a big pot. Then I fill the pot with salted water, bring it to a rolling boil, then dump in the crab legs for about 5-10 minutes. Then I take them out and cut them with a serrated knife into 'bite-size' pieces.





I also melt some butter and stir in lots of paprika and serve that as a dipping sauce.





Oh yes - and a loaf of fresh bread just out of the oven goes perfectly with it, plus a good bottle of Chablis...





An amazing experience!|||you can do either, but im from MD and crabs are way better steamed.|||Boil/steam about ten to fifteen minutes|||I did this just last weekend and I agree, steam them for about 15-20 minutes. I also seasoned the water with Old Bay.

No comments:

Post a Comment