Friday, December 9, 2011

Is it okay to eat King Crab Legs?

I am 15 weeks pregnant and I LOVE crab legs so my husband was being sweet and brought some home for me. The only problem is, I don't know if it is safe. I really do not want to waste them and they look so YUMMY. Is it safe to eat a few?|||Yes in moderation seafood will be fine.|||Seafood is safe to eat in moderation. A lot of people think seafood is a risky thing to eat, but if it's cooked properly %26amp; eaten in moderation it's safe and has very good benefits for baby %26amp; mom. I limit myself to 6 oz of seafood, with a max of 12 in a week just to be safe, but I know plenty of people who've eaten much more and been fine during pregnancy. Just remember, before all these pregnancy books %26amp; "rules" people ate like they normally would even while pregnant %26amp; were still fine. I would make sure you don't let the seafood sit out too long though because it might get extra bacteria. Enjoy :)|||Given that shellfish is the primary cause of listeria poisonings, I think you are much safer to eliminate it from your diet while you are pregnant. In most cases, to cook it to the temperature required to kill listeria, the seafood is overcooked, you would have a poor product to eat.|||Eat a few, but do not eat them often. Take this as the treat for the whole pregnancy, it is better to be safe than sorry. You should also receive a pack soon telling you everything you can and can't eat!|||Should be safe if it isn't every day. Raw seafood and fish high in mercury is where you have to be careful.|||Why wouldn't it be safe?

No comments:

Post a Comment