Friday, December 9, 2011

Whats the best way to heat up king crab legs?

Microwave in a damp towel or steam.





King crab legs are usually cooked when you buy them so the goal is to heat them up with out washing away any flavors or overcooking.|||Steam|||Steam and boil.





From Frozen, follow these steps:


http://www.ehow.com/how_3486_heat-frozen鈥?/a>|||In a steamer or on the bbq/oven in foil with some water to steam them. Microwave will make them rubbery so I avoid this method.|||I usually buy the frozen crab legs that come in 2lb bags. I first soak them in the sink in water not only to thaw but to get out some of the salt. Then I drop them into a big pot of boiling water only for a few minutes...drain water off, leave in pot with cover on to keep warm as you eat depending on how much you are making...I usually make 8 pounds at a time for my family and we make a meal out of it with some cheddar garlic biscuits and a baked potato. I put the pot in the middle of the table and we all go to town cracking and dipping in melted butter!!! All crab legs that are bought are previously cooked.|||Just wrap them in a damp paper towel and microwave them until warm.|||I HAVE HEARD THAT MICROWAVING IN A DAMP TOWEL IS THE BEST WAY FOR FLAVOR,I DISAGREE. I THINK HIGH TEMPERATURE STEAM FROM A LARGE CRAP POT W/OLD BAY SPICE,GARLIC,KOSHER SALT AND ONIONS IS BEST. TOP IT OFF W/DRAWN BUTTER AND YOU ARE IN LIKE FLINT :)|||Boiling water plus some seasoning such as salt, season salt pepper.|||my mom does them so good. put them in a pot with lots of butter or margerine we use margerine then steam them for a while till their cooked while they are cooking add in some season like black peeper salt a bit of curry powder dont over do it, onions gree or normal ones that make u cry =P and whatever else u like. they will taste very good.|||Steam them 10 to 12 minutes..........if the crab is already cooked, I'd strongly recommend that you don't reheat it, but that you let it come to room temperature and enjoy it as a crab cocktail, crab salad, crab stuffed marinated mushrooms, crab crepes, crab omelette (I think you get the idea) At any rate, enjoy, we're having King Crab Legs for Mother's Day this year (even tho my mom is out of the country, visiting my sis, we're doing it in her honor!!!)|||I would steam them. Here is an article I thought was informative and helpful! Hope it helps! Good luck! :)





Steaming: Place pre-cooked frozen crab legs in a vegetable steamer or colander over heavy and rapid boiling water (fill pot about 1/3 of theway with water.) Cover tightly and steam them 10-12 minutes until heated through and through.





Seafood requires a shorter cooking time than beef, lamb or chicken and because most species of seafood have a low fat and high water content they can easily be overcooked. The good news is; Pre-cooked shellfish can be eaten cold, warm or hot. Too much steaming will toughen the flesh as it dries out and too much cooking when submerged in water will make the flesh soggy.

No comments:

Post a Comment