Friday, December 2, 2011

Store bought Alaskan King Crab legs?

I was wondering if anyone ever had the store bought alaskan king crab legs. I was looking at harris teeter and also farm fresh. Any experiences, are they worth buying? I had 1.5 lbs at red lobster and they were absolutely amazing.|||The store bought can be just as good as Red Lobsster. Just buy some zatarain's crab boil seasoning to season the water you boil them in. They don't need to cook long, just long enough to heat through and get seasoned. Put a few lemon wedges into the boiling water too, to kill any fishy smell.|||I love crab legs and I have found that you can get the best King crab legs at Sam's Club. Don't freeze them. Use them right away. Keep them ice cold before cooking and bring home from store.





I just boil them straight and dip them in lemon butter. Simple is the best!





I often try the grocery store brands when they go on sale but are usually disappointed.|||I was a chef and bought them many times for my places of business, the one thing is they are precooked, and need to only be heated to a minimum, like any seafood, overcooking can make them tough and chewy.





If you purchase some let them defrost in the frig, then when you want to heat them either steam them, or put some butter or margarine on them, salt and pepper and a dash of paprika. Bake them for 15-20 minutes until hot, then serve with melted butter or plain. They go cold fast so make sure your ready to eat them when they are ready.





The meat is fine for stuffings, but for that snow crab is better, you more to the pound. I am like mine very simple, and add a spritz of lemon juice also, but the meat can be used in soups and other dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment