Friday, December 2, 2011

When steaming king crab legs, should I let them thaw or cook frozen?

Which method will make for the most flavorful and tender crab meat?|||As they are all ready cooked not raw, your warming them up, either baked or steamed you want the meat hot, there as tender as there going to be, you can only make them tough by over cooking them from frozen I would steam them 10-15 minutes, defrosted 8-10 minutes depending on the size, as a chef I used then quite alot, I also split or trimmed the shell to make it easier to eat when finished cooking them and serving them at the table.|||You can let the king crab legs thaw or you can cook them frozen. It would take more time to thaw them because you have to leave the crab legs out for a period of time. I would suggest that you just cook them frozen because once you put them in the hot water, it will be ready to go! When you cook them frozen then they will have so much flavor, it will taste delicious. When you thaw the crab legs they will still have lots of flavor and tenderness. When you cook them frozen they cook faster and they last longer because of the powerful flavor and tenderness.





I hope I was helpful. Best wishes on your crab legs!|||it wouldn't make a difference if you cooked them frozen or thawed

No comments:

Post a Comment